Monday, May 18, 2009

Secret Church

For the past year and a half, I have been influenced by the preaching and teaching of Dr. David Platt, pastor of The Church at Brook Hills, in Birmingham, AL. I first heard Platt at a conference in January 2008 in Chattanooga, TN. I was blown away by the passionate preaching of Platt - a believer that's my age!
I would encourage you to go to their website and listen to some recent messages. They are also on podcast.
You will not be disappointed by this teaching.
On the church site, you'll also find what's called "The Secret Church." Dr. Platt uses these efforts to teach the Word to the people of God. I would highly recommend it. I'm listening to one of these (4 parts) on the Old Testament. You can even print the notes out and follow along. If you've ever wondered what seminary is like, this could give you a taste - only it's better!
If you're in a place where you really want to learn more about the word of God, you have to check this out!

No comments: