Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Latest Read


I've just finished Holy Discontent, by Bill Hybels. I must say that this read didn't "wow" me. This is the second book I've read by Hybels in the last year (the other was Volunteer Revolution). Each of these books list story after story of people who have gotten passionate for a cause or calling, and have pursued that fire. In HD, Hybels suggests that we all have a "holy discontent" moment. He used two Biblical examples - Moses and Nehemiah - to prove his point. These are the moments in our lives when we decide that we must act on our convictions. Modern day examples are given, like Bono and his support of AIDS foundations.

All in all, I did not enjoy these books. I love stories as much as the next guy, but I also love spiritual truth. Outside of a couple Biblical examples, it was a skyscraper (story upon story) book. Anyway, just thought I'd update you on the latest reading. I'm almost finished with a couple others as well. Have a great week!

No comments: