Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What Matters Most

I just finished reading What Matters Most: When No is better than Yes, by Doug Fields. This book is very similar to Choosing to Cheat, by Andy Stanley. If you are in the ministry and you're looking for honest insight about guarding your time, this is a great read. Learn from one of the biggest guys in student ministry. In this book, Doug takes an honest look at the potential pitfalls that every student pastor may face. Here's an exerpt:
"I beg you to truthfully answer these two vital questions:
1. Do I like the person I've become as a result of my ministry?
2. Is the work I'm doing for God destroying the work of God in me?"
I know several guys in student ministry who do not keep track of their time or hours. Eventually, they feel disconnected from their family, the Lord, and even the ministry they've worked so hard to lead. This book is a great reminder to keep the main thing the main thing.

No comments: