Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekend Getaway...

Lindsey and I were able to get away this past weekend. We went to Amelia Island, FL. It is as nice as it sounds!
We snuck away on Friday and got back to Macon on Sunday afternoon. Lindsey's Mom flew in from Nellyville (St. Louis) to take care of the kiddos. Lindsey and I spent the majority of the time relaxing. We went for a couple of walks on the beach, watched a movie, ate out, ate in, ate fudge...well, we did eat a lot. We read I Kings together and sat out on the balcony. We talked about our marriage and planned for the future.
Overall, it was a great weekend. I must say that I love my wife! Lindsey is an amazing woman of the Lord who encourages me and challenges me deeply. I am so blessed to have her as my wife and the mother of my children. I am so thankful for her, and I only pray that I can be as great to her as she is to me. I'm glad that God saw that it was good for man not to be alone! Thanks, God, for the helper and friend!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Yay for romantic child-free getaways. Don't trips like that have a way of making you even more thankful and grateful for your precious little ones?

We always came back home better parents after a weekend away. I think it's one of the vital things that couples should schedule and plan for!

I bet Grandma (and Joshua and Anna Bell) had more fun than ya'll did though!! ;)