Monday, May 12, 2008

The Next Doogie Howser?

Ah...the life of a father of two. In the past week, Joshua has learned to put on his own Pull-up diaper after (well..you know). While some may not consider this to be a great feat of wisdom or strength, I must share with you what I've learned about my 2 1/2 year old son from this event.
1. Joshua perseveres in difficulties. As I watched him repeatedly put two legs in one hole and then start all over again, I realized that my son never gives up. He didn't even get frustrated. He simply tried and tried again until he realized his goal.
2. Joshua is independent. He didn't ask for help. He didn't cry or complain. He continued the trial and error process on his own.
3. Joshua is my hero. My son is amazing. He can do anything (except drive, prepare his own dinner, operate the DVD correctly...uh...you get the point).
Parenthood is such an amazing experience! I pray that I will have the perseverance that my son has. I pray that I can persevere in my faith in Christ. I pray that I'll persevere in the midst of trials. I pray that I'll persevere in my marriage and family life.
I know that there is a little bit of me in Joshua, and I hope there's a little bit of Joshua in me.

"Be strong and courageous!" - Joshua 1

No comments: