Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Newsworthy

If you are reading this, I can only assume that the Lord led you here. I have been prompted lately to begin writing again on this blog. I'm not sure how often I will update this, but I can promise that I will share whatever the Lord is stirring in me on the inside.

I am a part of a vibrant, God-centered small group that meets on Sunday nights. I consider this an incredible honor and privilege. I first realize that not many in the ministry have the opportunity to develop close friendships within their church contexts. I find that to be disheartening.

Anyway, one of our small group members sent this message recently, and it is worth sharing to you...maybe you can find encouragement as well.

Lets all pray that God uses us in huge ways. Maybe he is starting something through our little group. What if he really uses us. What if he really uses us beyond the walls of our house, beyond the walls of our friend’s houses, beyond the walls of IBC building. How would it look? How would it feel? How will we change? How will it hurt? What will our kids say? What will our kid’s friends say..and their parents? What will our parents say? What if people think we are irrelevant Christians? What if we never return to normal? What if it ruins us for the rest of our lives? What if He ruins us for His glory? What if…

I hope all believers can be a part of a group that sharpens them as ours does so frequently. In the meantime, what if God means to do something profound in and through you? What is He calling you to do?

You see, as Christians, we believe in this thing we call the priesthood of all believers. All of us have been called to minister and make a difference. Further, we are all called to be difference makers for His kingdom. Too often we think this area is reserved for "preachers," or big time speakers, or popular Christian authors, or someone "out there" who's leading the charge. What if God means to use us, the "common" folk? Isn't that exactly what Jesus did when He came to earth?

Hope you can be challenged as we have...

1 comment:

shelly said...

i am reading it :)