Thursday, July 23, 2009

Recent Sermon Online...

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great week this week.
I was given a chance to preach at Ingleside in the "Big Room" this past week, and you can watch the message online at www.ingleside.org. The video is on the home page - you just have to click on the little video icon. Enjoy!
Recently, Lindsey and I have been using the Life Journal, by Wayne Cordeiro. Here's my entry for today:
Scripture - "...that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are a people of God;" - I Peter 2:9-10
Observation - This is one of our purposes here on planet Earth. We are a people belonging to God. We are a people with a purpose - to declare the praises of the God who took you from darkness into light. Just think about that for a minute - you once were in darkness. Have you ever been in the dark? You know, when the power goes out in your neighborhood and there is no light as far as you can see? That's dark! God brought us out of the darkness and into His light! So, why are we still here? To declare His praises!
Application - Everything in my life should declare the praises of such a great God. If I can really grasp this concept, it should change the way I act and react. I once was not a people, but now I am a people. How? Through Jesus Christ! I need to live as a person of God. I am here to live for myself anymore - I have a King to serve. Will I live today as His child?

No comments: